Please submit your biographical information of up to 5 sentences to Jane Taylor, Technical Program Coordinator, at email@example.com by the Thursday 18 January 2018 deadline. CV format will not be accepted.
ORAL PRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS
Oral Presentations are due no later than 24 hours prior to your presentation in the Authors Room. For instance, if your presentation is taking place at 10:15 am on Wednesday, you must submit your presentation latest at 10:15 am on Tuesday.
SESSION ROOM EQUIPMENT
Electronic presentations will be the only format available. All oral presentations must be in Windows based PowerPoint. Each lecture room is equipped with the following:
- One (1) high intensity data projector
- One (1) large square format screen
- Speaker timer
- Laser pointer
- Slide clicker
- Lapel microphone
ELECTRONIC PRESENTATION PREPARATION
- Electronic presentation will be the only format available for this conference
- Your presentation on a USB storage device (thumb drive) should be delivered to Technical Support staff in the Authors Room
- CD-RW discs are not allowed
- Your presentation and any attached files (videos, animations, etc.) should be the ONLY data on your USB and should be clearly marked. If you have multiple presentations, please ensure that the correct paper is marked for the technical staff to upload
- All presentations will be loaded onto a computer in the Authors Room and then sent to the session halls at the appropriate time
- The Presentation Software available on the computers will be Microsoft PowerPoint Windows 10.
- Slides will be controlled by the speaker from the podium with a slide clicker
- No internet connections will be available in the session room
- There will be no laptop available at the podium
- PowerPoint Presentation should be in 16:9 ratio format
- The scheduled day for your presentation will appear in the final Technical Program. A copy of the Final Announcement is available through the GEO Conference website www.geo2018.com any changes will be communicated to you.
- Presentations are scheduled every 20 minutes. This time includes the introduction, the presentation, and a short question and answer period following your talk. All sessions follow the same time schedule, and it is essential that all sessions adhere to that schedule.
- You should arrive at your session room before the start of your session. Take time to familiarize yourself with the setup at the lectern.
- Please remember good slides are essential to a quality presentation. You only have a few minutes to get your ideas across to the audience. Emphasize only a few key points. Keep slides simple – one idea on one slide.
Should you wish to use the 2018 GEO PowerPoint presentation template, please contact Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will be sent to you via email in the coming week. Please note that your PowerPoint Presentation should be in 16:9 ratio format.